Once again through this year’s Relay for Life event, FPC has the opportunity to remember and honor those who have lost the fight to cancer and those who are still fighting. This event is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and will be held at Emmanuel Baptist Church on Friday, May 1, from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. In recent months, cancer has gripped our church family with particular ferocity. YOU can honor those people by supporting our church’s fundraising efforts and by walking at the Relay for Life the night of May 1. Let’s also remember friends we have lost by showing up in record numbers on Friday, May 1!
WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
Relay for Life is a fundraiser to raise money to fight cancer and to raise awareness of cancer in the community. The event honors cancer survivors, and remembers those who have lost their lives to cancer.
During Relay, teams walk to raise money for the event.
RegisterSurvivors and team members, please register online! www.relayforlife.org/darlingtonsc
Relay is a great way for community volunteers to unite to eradicate cancer!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
You could help this event by doing one of the following:
- Walk/run at the event to raise money!
- Volunteer to help with planning. We need volunteers to make things go!
- Help with set up, provide snacks for walkers, and help with clean up at the event!
- Make a donation to the cause. Checks made out to “ACS” can be left in the office. Thanks!
- Come out and check out the event! Once you see “Relay For Life”, you’ll know why it means so much!
Click here to see photos from 2011.
Click here for photos from 2010.