Stewardship - 2015
“Let everything that breathes praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!” (Psalms 150: 6)
We have reasons for celebrating . . .
- God’s on-going gracious and redeeming care for his people.
- God’s care for each of us and for God’s Church.
Every day there are opportunities before every one of us to know God and see his handiwork in this world . . .
- We meet people who need a word of kindness, guidance or encouragement.
- We will see local people in need which may cause us to renew our efforts in mission to provide food, shelter, clothing and kindness.
- We see the critical needs of people in many nations which cause us to be people of reconciliation, living and demonstrating God’s peace.
“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross . . .” (Hebrews 12: 2a)
We demonstrate real faith through our gifts and service . . .
- Faith that God is real;
- Faith that the good news is a true testimony to Jesus the Christ;
- Faith that God’s way is better than any other way; and
- Faith that orients all our decision-making, individually and as a Church.
“… Faith without works is dead.” (James 2: 26b)
We exercise our faith . . .
Not because we have to do it to gain God’s approval, but
- Because we already have God’s gracious approval in Christ.
- It is a joy to give – much richer than an obligation.
We have many opportunities to put faith into practice, and we can demonstrate the reality of our faith to the people in our community and to the world. The pledge cards have been mailed to each family. The Time and Talent sheets will be mailed to you also. Please fill out these forms and mail them to the church office.